Mimaki will be demonstrating the best of our tried and proven technology. Mimaki will be showcasing a fleet of equipment over 2 stands E 10 and G 80.
For your dye sublimation enthusiasts stand G80 is must visit with a new product on display. Stand E10 will have a mix of sign and display and industrial products highlighting Mimaki’s new ID Cut features which includes the New UCJV LED Print & Cut series. Now available in 4 sizes UCJV300-75 (Prints 800mm width). UCJV300-107 (Prints 1090mm width). UCJV300-130 (Prints 1361mm width). UCJV300-160 (Prints 1610mm width). ‘Mimaki Australia is on target to sell 100 units of the UCJV 1.6m wide models within a 12 month period. Why are we so successful with this platform? Feedback from our customers are highlighting 3 main reasons.’ said Brad Creighton, National Marketing Manager at Mimaki Australia.
1) Immediate Post Productions Benefits, once printed you can immediately laminate or immediate cut even into the ink without the normal drying or outgassing concerns. Our LED UV curable inks are Greenguard certified.
2) Media versatility, a wide variety of print and cut applications offered by many signage, commercial and packaging print service providers. LED UV curing technology enables PSPs to utilise an expanded range of materials including uncoated print media and many thin film substrates that may be too heat sensitive for latex or solvent high heat fixation systems.
3) Unrivalled features, including an ID Cut function to make printing and cutting easier and faster. Along with registration marks, RasterLink6 plus software will include a barcode on the print. The barcode, read by the crop mark sensor on the UCJV printer/cutter, contains cutting and rotation information allowing the UCJV printer/cutter to automate the cutting process. This function is particularly useful when running nested print-cut jobs, as the printer continuously reads the data for both single and ganged jobs. Simultaneous layer printing, all the way up to 5 layers. Four-layer printing, One Graphic, Two Views – colour, black, white, and colour – offers an enhanced print capability that allows designers to build layered transformative graphics for backlit applications. 5 layer printing enables printing onto clear film with 2 viewing points for window signage. Different graphic from outside store compared to inside store – colour, white, black, white, colour.
Also on display will be the new CF22-1225 flatbed cutting plotter. With the ability to handle materials as large as 1,220 x 2,440mm. This device is the “ideal complement” to the Mimaki JFX200-2513 UV LED flatbed printer for users to produce seasonal point-of-purchase displays of exhibition components. RasterLink6 plus software, the latest version of the product, has an ID Cut function to help speed up printing and cutting, with the additional ability to include an ID reference (barcode) on the print. A crop mark sensor on the CF22-1225 can read this identification code, enabling the device to identify cutting and rotation information, which in turn allows for automation of the cutting process. The new CF22-1225 flatbed cutting plotter from Mimaki is intended to complement the company's JFX200-2513 flatbed printer and, together with ArtiosCAD Designer Solution software, offer a complete print-and-cut workflow. Operated in combination, the three components are designed to deliver more profitable short-run, print-and-cut jobs. 'Whether organisations are developing sophisticated short-run signs and display graphics, creating packaging mock-ups or samples, handling special requests for small lot furniture, or simply creating and producing designs on demand, this solution will not disappoint,' said Brad. ‘We’ve had great reception to our UJF-MkII UV-curable flatbed printing systems since we launched,’ said Brad. “The relatively new addition to this outstanding family of printers raises the bar even more, making it extremely easy to produce high-value-add print. In a single operation, the UJF-3042MkII EX can lay down a base coat of inkjet primer, a base print of white ink, full colour print and a surface coating of clear ink. This adds up to a highly efficient way to produce the value-added printing applications that are growing in popularity among marketers and other buyers of print.”
The compressed workflow includes:
• Inkjet primer to improve ink adhesion, important in cases where inkjet adhesion is less than desired. The Mimaki PR-200 primer can be used on resin, glass and metal materials.
• White ink with high opacity enables more vivid expression of full color, especially on dark or transparent substrates. Two bottles of white ink can be attached to the printer to achieve high density white print in a shorter time with more opacity.
• Clear ink, with either glossy or matte effects can add texture and depth. Clear ink can be laid down in multiple layers for an embossed effect. The UJF MKII series will also be available for viewing at VI Sydney.
As part of Mimaki’s dedication to delivering environmentally sustainable solutions, the company renews its GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certifications. Mimaki has GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certifications for the UV-curable inks used in its UJF-3042MkII, UJF-6042MkII and UJF-3042MkII EX printers, including LH-100, LUS-120, LUS-150 UV curable inks. The certification also applies to Mimaki’s the UCJV series LUS-170, LUS-200 UV-curable ink; LX-101 Latex ink; and SS21, Mimaki’s most popular solvent ink.